Learn How to Make Kueh Lapis in 5 Minutes

Monday, 6 August 2012

Knock knock!

Who's there?

Kueh lapis!

Kueh lapis who?

Kueh lah, please make some kueh!

OK, I know you don't want to hear stupid knock-knock jokes. You want to know how you can MAKE KUEH LAPIS IN 5 MINUTES, right?

I hate to tell you this but . . . heheheheh . . . it's . . . um . . . the learning . . . heheheheh . . . that takes 5 minutes, not cooking.

*laugh evilly . . . fall off chair*

Are you re-reading the post title – "Learn How to Make Kueh Lapis in 5 Minutes" – to check what it means?

Go ahead and roll your eyes. So not funny, eh?

Seriously though, kueh lapis doesn't take long if you don't count the "inactive" steaming time.

I'm sure you can spend the 5 minutes between making one layer and the next productively, enjoyably, or both.

After enjoying the video, please click here for the recipe.

8 comments:

Shuhan said...

for a moment I got so excited :(

KT said...

Just washing the flowers takes, OMG, a few minutes because there'd be ants clinging to the petals for their dear life. If you skip that and use food colouring, and you're not squeezing coconut milk by hand, making the batter takes 5 minutes, max. It really isn't too bad.

Jasmine said...

I have to tell you, I just discovered your blog 2 days ago when I was looking for a fried popiah recipe and I've been coming back continuously since then, clicking and reading thru your posts and laughing and chuckling at your funny, crazy writing. Great stuff! Thanks for the recipes and the absolutely Malaysian/Singaporean "way of talking". It's a pleasure to read someone so forthright and knowledgeable about the food she's cooking and eating. I'm going to put into practise your tips on frying up a good plate of fried rice. Will you think of organizing your recipes in a list, or having a link with all recipes listed alphabetically for example, so that it's easier to see at a glance what the complete list is? :)

Best regards,
Jasmine

KT said...

Thanks, Jasmine. 

I think listing the recipes alphabetically is a good idea. I'll knock one together, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Jessie Ng said...

Please advise where I can obtain the fresh packet coconut milk in your video.

KT said...

"The" packet of coconut milk in the video was used to make kueh lapis, as shown in said video. Hence, you can't obtain it. I suggest you buy a different packet of coconut milk from a market.

Jasmine said...

Thanks for the recipe index! Helps a lot to inspire my stomach.

your big fan said...

Hi KT,
Will you plan to show us how to make cake lapis?

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...